2am. technologies is hiring a
Remote Database Administrator
Our ongoing desire to evolve took us on a journey #beyondsoftware. We are 2am.tech, a team of builders and problem solvers with a core belief in delivering excellence. This value has bred a company culture of providing solutions and products that exceed expectations every time.
We are looking for a DBA to join our team!
As our new team member, you have more than 5+ years of professional experience in the Database Engineering field. You are a craftsman developer who is motivated, talented, and committed to the job at hand and your team. You take pride and ownership in your deliverables. You thrive on and enjoy the challenges of each day, and you seek to surround yourself with like-minded people. You are a clear communicator that shares your knowledge and ideas, and you expect the same from those around you.
- Clearly communicate complex concepts verbally in English.
- Be able to significantly overlap or fully work in North American time zones. These are the times the clients’ teams are working, and to be part of those teams, you need to share some hours.
- Respect deadlines and work in a team-oriented environment.
- Assess new technologies and trends correctly.
Required Skills and Experience:
- More than 5+ years of experience in SQL development and DBA.
- Must have hands-on experience working with MySQL and PostgreSQL as the primary database engines.
- Must have hands-on experience building data warehouses, ETL, moving a large quantity of data quickly
- Must have hands-on experience in performance tuning SQL queries, PostgreSQL functions, stored procedures, and optimizing SQL code.
- Must have hands-on experience with software development and promoting DB objects through the environments.
- Must have experience working on various teams (vs. working alone).
- Communicate complex concepts verbally in English.
- Willing to work 8:00 am – 4:00 pm EDT, on-call rotation with the IT team.
- Experience consulting with large enterprises and/or large-in-scope team projects.
- Working with large databases and business-critical applications.
- Hand-on experience working in AWS.
- AWS Certifications (with additional improvements and certifications)
- JIRA/Confluence. (Desirable)
- Additional programming language (e.g. Python, PowerShell).
- Experience with agile tools and methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Confluence, JIRA)
- Consultancy experience
- Team leading experience
- A full-time job
- Remote work
- Working in a rapidly growing company
- Access to training and people that can mentor
Please mention the word FINER
when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a feature to avoid fake spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and instantly see they're human / RMTguMjA1LjU2LjE4Mw==
Salary and compensation
$40,000 — $70,000/year
Apply for this job
👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote OK, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
When applying for jobs, you should NEVER have to pay to apply. You should also NEVER have to pay to buy equipment which they then pay you back for later. Also never pay for trainings you have to do. Those are scams! NEVER PAY FOR ANYTHING! Posts that link to pages with "how to work online" are also scams. Don't use them or pay for them. Also always verify you're actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. A good idea is to check the domain name for the site/email and see if it's the actual company's main domain name. Scams in remote work are rampant, be careful! Read more to avoid scams. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Remote OK and go to the job application page for that company outside this site. Remote OK accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.