Komoot is hiring a
Remote Senior Web Developer Node Reactjs
Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s Komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times!
Today, with over 25 million users and 200,000 five-star reviews, Komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Develop end-to-end solutions including concept, road map planning, implementation, testing, deployment, and monitoring
- Team up with Evan, Johannes, and Ben to build a state-of-the-art web app with more then 25+ Million Users
- Create web features on one of our cross-functional squads of backend developers, mobile developers, designers, copywriters, SEO, QA, data scientists, and product experts
- Release frequently with continuous builds, testing, and direct team feedback
- Work with NodeJS, ReactJS and AWS
Why you will love it
- You’ll tangibly enable millions of people to plan and experience authentic outdoor adventures
- We believe good ideas count more than titles
- You’ll work from wherever you want as long as it’s in a timezone between UTC-1 and UTC+3, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, or a co-working space of your choice, covered by us
- You’ll work on challenging tasks, such as complex maps or community features in a highly interactive UI
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated, talented people
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides. Check out these videos to find out more about us (https://bit.ly/39xtIrn).
- You’ll build and improve a service that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your personal outdoor trips
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible and keen to learn and improve
- Love to develop awesome products with a focus on great user experience
- Have 2+ years of professional experience in developing high quality production ReactJS
- Know how to build scalable web apps with NodeJS and how to run them on cloud computing platforms like AWS
- Have experience with continuous integration, deployment and monitoring
- Are a great communicator in a diverse international and fully remote team
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- 38 days of vacation (incl. public holidays)
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on your professional development: classes, conferences, books – you decide!
- Discounts from leading outdoor and cycling brands
- Flexible working hours and ability to work from anywhere in Europe
- Three whole-company gatherings per year in beautiful locations
- Optional “togetherness” trips with your team
- Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work from home office
- The latest devices and equipment to do your best work
Please mention the word ADULATE
when applying to show you read the job post completely. RMy4yMTUuNzkuNjg=. This is a beta feature to avoid fake spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and instantly see they're human.
Salary and compensation
$60,000 — $120,000/year
Apply for this job
How do you apply?
Sound like you?
We would like to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub, links, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one
👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote OK, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
When applying for jobs, you should NEVER have to pay to apply. You should also NEVER have to pay to buy equipment which they then pay you back for later. Also never pay for trainings you have to do. Those are scams! NEVER PAY FOR ANYTHING! Posts that link to pages with "how to work online" are also scams. Don't use them or pay for them. Also always verify you're actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. A good idea is to check the domain name for the site/email and see if it's the actual company's main domain name. Scams in remote work are rampant, be careful! Read more to avoid scams. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Remote OK and go to the job application page for that company outside this site. Remote OK accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.