Komoot is hiring a
About the role
Our team of 2 copywriters is responsible for everything we write here at komoot, from the words that go on to fill our apps, to the messages that make up our marketing campaigns. And now — as the komoot community continues to grow and the number of internal product squads increases — we are looking for an additional member to join our Copy Team to support the development of new features. You will be responsible for writing product, UX, and campaign copy, and championing komoot’s tone of voice across our suite of apps and websites.
Join us and help us ensure we continue to provide best-in-class user experiences to all who use our apps and websites and support our localization team to translate all content into 11+ languages. Become an impactful member of our copy team, help steer design decisions and feature development, deliver campaign copy for sales and marketing initiatives, and help make adventure accessible to all.
Ready for your next adventure?
What will you do:
- Work collaboratively across multiple product squads to level up our UX copy across our mobile apps, website, and all of our third-party apps.
- Lead user research projects to empirically assess the quality of our copy and help us make better decisions as a team.
- Champion komoot’s tone of voice and internal style manuals to protect the consistency of our copy across all channels.
- Lead briefings and work closely with our pool of localizers to effectively translate/transcreate our words into 11+ additional languages.
- Work with the copy team, Catherine and Craig, on continuous improvement tasks to ensure the words we publish are industry leading.
- Create channel and target group specific content and write engaging, easy to understand copy.
Why you will love it:
- Your words will deliver user experiences that’ll inspire millions of cyclists, hikers, and outdoor enthusiasts all over the world. You’ll work on projects at the forefront of navigation technology in conjunction with teams of experts in their fields.
- You’ll play a key role in shaping our messaging and the way people perceive komoot.
- You’ll join an experienced team of copywriters in which you can exchange ideas and learn together.
- You’ll be a part of a fast-paced startup with strongly motivated and talented co-workers.
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings, and go for hikes and rides.
You will be successful in this position if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience as a UX writer or copy editor as part of an in-house design team.
- Know how to write original copy that improves user experiences and enriches how people react with products.
- Possess a holistic understanding of how UX and marketing copy can best co-exist.
- Have hands-on experience with product storytelling and crafting channel and target-group specific copy.
- Possess flawless communication skills and the ability to explain your processes/ideas to the broader team.
- Are able to juggle multiple projects in parallel, working across multiple squads and to varying deadlines.
- Have proven knowledge and interest in the cycling and outdoor market and their respective customer segments.
- Are keen to hone your skills in all things UX and product copywriting and dive deep into what-can-sometimes-be technical topics.
- Possess native level English skills with excellent grammatical, writing and editorial capabilities.
- Have a hands-on attitude, are highly self-driven and have a sharp eye for detail.
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot, we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- 38 days of vacation (incl. public holidays)
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on your professional development: classes, conferences, books – you decide!
- Discounts from leading outdoor and cycling brands
- Flexible working hours and ability to work from anywhere in Europe
- Three whole-company gatherings per year in beautiful locations
- Optional “togetherness” trips with your team
- Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work from home office
- The latest devices and equipment to do your best work
Please mention the word PROMINENCE
when applying to show you read the job post completely. RMy4yMTUuNzkuNjg=. This is a beta feature to avoid fake spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and instantly see they're human.
Salary and compensation
No salary data published by company so we estimated salary based on similar jobs related to Copywriting, Non Tech, React, Travel, Mobile, Marketing and Sales jobs that are similar:
$70,000 — $100,000/year
Apply for this job
How do you apply?
Sounds like you?
Then send us the following:
- Your CV
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- 3 most relevant examples of your work (e.g. UX/UI flows, landing pages, blogs, emails, newsletters, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account or your website.
- As we love it when people go the extra mile, you’ll get bonus points for doing something creative with komoot.
👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote OK, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
When applying for jobs, you should NEVER have to pay to apply. You should also NEVER have to pay to buy equipment which they then pay you back for later. Also never pay for trainings you have to do. Those are scams! NEVER PAY FOR ANYTHING! Posts that link to pages with "how to work online" are also scams. Don't use them or pay for them. Also always verify you're actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. A good idea is to check the domain name for the site/email and see if it's the actual company's main domain name. Scams in remote work are rampant, be careful! Read more to avoid scams. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Remote OK and go to the job application page for that company outside this site. Remote OK accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.