What is the job?
As a QA Automation engineer, you will challenge all user scenarios and test cases to investigate all possibilities of failure across a range of Web apps, and API applications. You will make sure that happy path scenarios function as advertised, and that a massive array of potential error conditions all fail gracefully, predictably and in a meaningful way to end users.
During your first few months, you will start by defining the tools and frameworks required to have a complete suite of automated tests. This will involve diving into the applications features and functionality, rolling up your sleeves doing manual testing. With a better understanding under your belt, you will define test plans that can be automated and cover UI and API testing, as well as testing failures in any of the subsystems, including databases, third-party services or other internal services.
Of course, you’ll also be contributing to test plans, highlighting gaps in coverage, creating regression tests to ensure fixed bugs stay fixed, and all the usual responsibilities of a test role. You’ll just have more fun doing those things because we only hire fun and interesting people to work with.
What are we looking for?
- You enjoy automating everything, the thought of repeating tasks manually makes you shiver, but you understand the need to do exploratory manual testing to create test plans.
- You have experience testing Web apps, APIs applications in a fast delivering growth environment
- You are a hands-on, independent product tester with experience working in a multidisciplinary team formed of designers, Front and Backend developers and DevOps.
- You’re patient when dealing with others. You’re a good listener, and happy to be a teacher when needed
- You are proud of what you are doing and show it by publishing wonderful reports for project team visibility
- As a bonus, you have worked in a startup where you started as the only QA Engineer. Extra points if you help to grow the QA team
What skills do you need?
- Solid demonstrable experience (ideally 3+ years)
- Demonstrated a track record in covering end-to-end testing by leveraging multiple components for business critical products
- Experience with functional and black-box testing, regression testing, system integration testing, load testing, manual testing
- Experience with applications written in C# and React.js
- Familiar with agile processes
- Experience with BDD, TDD, or contract testing.
- Docker and AWS experience is important.
- Experience with Linux/Windows, Docker, AWS, GIT
- Good knowledge and understanding of CI/CD cycles and integration test automation with CI/CD
- Nice to have - experience in Financial Services
- Some knowledge of DeFi is a plus, a willingness to learn is welcomed
Who are we?
At RDX Works, we’re a team of like-minded thinkers who have long been convinced that we’re living in the earliest stages of a global financial revolution. This revolution is being fuelled by decentralized finance (or DeFi for short), which is enabling an assortment of pioneering developers and entrepreneurs to re-invent almost every financial product that is currently traded and invested in traditional markets, without requiring central authorities or siloed infrastructure. DeFi has captured a great deal of attention and investment in the crypto-aware niche, growing assets under management from $1 billion to over $200 billion in a few years. Impressive as its growth has been, its current market size isn’t even a rounding error on the over $400 trillion held in traditional finance. We’re focused on what it will take to go from billions to trillions.
RDX went back to first principles to come up with the right technical solution—the first layer-one protocol built specifically for mainstream DeFi—and we have already tested out at over 1 million transactions per second. We’re keenly aware that the need for an infinitely scalable platform is only one prerequisite among many for mass adoption, and we’re also blazing new ground in the areas of purpose-built developer tools, user experiences, and regulatory integration.
We have forged a path deep into the future of what distributed ledger technology is going to look like and we need you to come and be part of the team that is making that happen right now.
If this job sounds like it was made for you, then please apply directly via the link or email [email protected] for more information.
Alternatively, if you feel like you don’t match all of the requirements, we would love you to still apply anyway. We understand that confidence gaps and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting incredible candidates and we wouldn’t want this to prevent us from meeting you; especially as we are big advocates of helping people learn & grow. This is also another reason we do not advertise salaries, we want to keep it as even a playing field as possible!