NANA is hiring a
Remote Learning and Development Professional Hybrid
Akima is a global enterprise with more than 8,000 employees, delivering agile solutions to the federal government in the core areas of facilities, maintenance, and repair; information technology; logistics; protective services; systems engineering; mission support; furniture, fixtures & equipment (FF&E); and construction. As a subsidiary of NANA, an Alaska Native Corporation owned by more than 14,000 Iñupiat shareholders, Akima’s core mission is to enable superior outcomes for our customers’ missions while simultaneously creating a long-lived asset for NANA consistent with our Iñupiat values. In 2021, Akima ranked #28 on Washington Technology’s Top 100 List and #63 on Bloomberg Government’s BGOV200 List of top federal contractors. To learn more about Akima, visitwww.akima.com.
The Learning and Development Professional will support the creation and execution of talent development activities in a newly forming department focused on developing the leaders and employees of the organization. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape and grow with a new team that is introducing learning and development opportunities to help people reach their career goals and coach them along their journey. This may include creating talent profiles for succession planning reviews, helping to support leadership development programs, supporting the analysis of coaching and team building assessment data, delivering training courses, creating project plans and presentations, and supporting the technology behind virtual training. This individual must have a strong analytical approach to problem solving, as well as a flexible and collaborative working style and be comfortable with tools and technology. The work requires the individual to be highly adaptable to change, produce high quality deliverables, and work collaboratively with multiple stakeholder groups. Candidates will have the benefit of working hybrid, when approved by the Hiring Manager.
- Support the department senior director in coordinating with key stakeholders across the organization for various talent development programs
- Provide analytical support, research and knowledge management for various talent development and training activities, to include leadership development programs, succession planning processes, coaching, mentoring, internships, and assessments
- Develop and manage project plans for key projects and programs within the talent development portfolio
- Support instructor-led training and facilitation of virtual and live meetings/training sessions on various topics
- Support the development of training presentations, PowerPoint presentations, summary reports
- Assist in execution of training, which includes administration and tracking of required training, such as compliance and ethics modules
- Coordinate with external vendors for online training platforms and tools
- Perform research to identify external speakers, seminars, trainings, and partnerships to enhance existing training and development portfolio
- Support the development and delivery of training materials as needed, including presentations, user guides, instructor guides, communications, and job aids
- Coordinate training and talent development program logistics and communicate with participants as needed
- Monitor key success measures to include feedback surveys, engagement surveys, and other talent development metrics to include data analysis
- Create a knowledge repository of training content, library of templates and career resources for employees
- Leverage tools and technology such as Power BI, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft Teams and learning management systems
- You must be able to meet all health requirements, including but not limited to, current and future vaccination requirements for infectious diseases such as COVID-19.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years professional talent development, organizational effectiveness and/or leadership training experience (Required)
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in: Business Administration, Communications, Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, or other related area (Required)
- Must have experience in training and talent development
- Must have strong facilitation, communications presentation skills both in person and virtually
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills (including PowerPoint and training content creation)
- Must have a keen understanding of stakeholder needs; ability to communicate effectively with all internal stakeholders; ability to work well in a team atmosphere
- Must have the ability to travel occasionally (up to 20-25%)
- Master’s Degree in: Training & Development, Business Administration, Communications, Human Resources, Leadership, or other related area (Preferred)
- Certifications in coaching and assessments (i.e. Korn Ferry, Center for Creative Leadership) is preferred
- Experience in leadership development curriculum curation/development
- Experience using tools such as Power BI, Microsoft Forms, etc.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services [email protected]
571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
#Training #TalentDevelopment #coacing #assessments
Herndon, United States
Apply for this job
👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote OK, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
When applying for jobs, you should NEVER have to pay to apply. You should also NEVER have to pay to buy equipment which they then pay you back for later. Also never pay for trainings you have to do. Those are scams! NEVER PAY FOR ANYTHING! Posts that link to pages with "how to work online" are also scams. Don't use them or pay for them. Also always verify you're actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. A good idea is to check the domain name for the site/email and see if it's the actual company's main domain name. Scams in remote work are rampant, be careful! Read more to avoid scams. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Remote OK and go to the job application page for that company outside this site. Remote OK accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.