This job post is closed and the position is probably filled. Please do not apply.
Laterpress is a toolkit for indie authors to publish directly to – and make money directly from – readers via their own branded website.
When authors publish to online marketplaces like Amazon Kindle or Wattpad, their readers have an indirect relationship with them. The e-reader, app, or website readers use to read each author's book is branded to those companies, and those companies have total control over the experience, including how (or even if) readers are charged and what each author earns.
At Laterpress, we believe in a different and better future for authors. Readers want a direct connection with the authors they love, not with a company or marketplace. And authors deserve to control their relationship with readers. That’s why Laterpress is building the complete toolkit for direct book publishing.
- We're small: Like really small. And we plan to stay that way for as long as possible. That's because we believe small teams can build big things without diluting themselves or sacrificing their independence.
- We're bootstrapped — and well-funded: Laterpress was founded by a serial entrepreneur with a track record of success. We know it takes years, not months, to build an impactful product, and we have the funding to do exactly that.
- We're author-governed: Laterpress is serious about building a different kind of book publishing platform — one that's accountable to the authors who use it. That's why on day one we launched our author working group to help give authors a real voice.
- We loooove stories: Seriously. We're passionate about helping authors fill the world with more and better stories.
The job of Software Engineer is to write awesome code – and fast.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States
- Production experience as a fullstack software developer
- Prior experience at a small startup / desire to be an entrepreneur
- 2+ years of production experience as a software developer
- Previous experience with Next.js, React, Node.js, and/or AWS
What we're offering
- Compensation: $160,000
- Equity: 4% - 6%
- Benefits: None
- Lots of flexibility around workdays and time off
- Remote or in Brooklyn, NY
Please mention the word COMPASSION
when applying to show you read the job post completely. RNDQuMTkyLjExNC4zMg==. This is a beta feature to avoid fake spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and instantly see they're human.
Salary and compensation
$160,000 — $160,000/year
How do you apply?
This job post has been closed by the poster, which means they probably have enough applicants now. Please do not apply.
👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote OK, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
When applying for jobs, you should NEVER have to pay to apply. You should also NEVER have to pay to buy equipment which they then pay you back for later. Also never pay for trainings you have to do. Those are scams! NEVER PAY FOR ANYTHING! Posts that link to pages with "how to work online" are also scams. Don't use them or pay for them. Also always verify you're actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. A good idea is to check the domain name for the site/email and see if it's the actual company's main domain name. Scams in remote work are rampant, be careful! Read more to avoid scams. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Remote OK and go to the job application page for that company outside this site. Remote OK accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.